Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Terminal on Duct

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3578 Views, 6 Replies

Air Terminal on Duct

I am writing this post because I have faught the last couple of hours trying to accomplish exactly what I want.  I needed to put an air terminal directly on a duct(no tap please) and had difficulty doing so but I finally got the results I was looking for.  I think the feature is new to Revit 2014 so take that with a grain of salt but if you go to place an air terminal you get a new option in your contextual tab called "air terminal on duct" this was great except for the fact that to my knowledge I think you can only place terminals in this mode in plan view.  Normally this would be okay except I wanted the terminal to come off at a 45 off the side of a 20" diameter duct.  So what I had to do was place the terminal with "air terminal on duct activated" then create a section and draw two refence lines, i used detail lines, to find the exact center of the circular duct then i made my axis of rotation the point at which those lines met and rotated the terminal at 45 degrees.  This may not be news to many but I struggled with it at first and relized there werent any forum entries.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lanl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rocky1717,

Yes, place unhosted air terminal directly on duct face is a new feature in 2014 version.

Thanks a lot for sharing the great tip with other users.

Happy New Year.

Thanks.

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

thanks for the great tip

to us in middle east, it is VERY VERY rare to use round duct, for that i have to use the normal duct "TAP" and then after that i use the unhosted grill not diffuser, than from the back of the grill i drew a duct (also tap) then connect it to the main duct.

after that for sure that grill and tap connection would be VERY long, so i adjust the length of the new duct to make it enough for the decoration of the bulkhead

regards
Message 4 of 7
mark.silcock
in reply to: lanl

How do we make an unhosted grille familiy from scratch?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mark.silcock

Go File(or big Revit R button)>New>Famliy.  Then choose "generic model".  Once in the family editor make sure you change the family category to "Air Terminals".  Model your grille and add your duct connector.  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the tip...

The issue I have with this Revit 2014 feature and haven't got my head around it yet is PLACING TWO DIFFUSERS SIDE BY SIDE ON A FACE OF A RECTANGULAR DUCT....

What I found out is Revit put the diffuser on the centerline of the duct and doesn't allow me to achieve what I want...any thoughts on this?

Message 7 of 7
BalajiHTI

Hello All,

I have a doubt why Face Hosted Air Terminals are not allowed to place on duct faces?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report