Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add New Systems to Revit MEP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TestChris
345 Views, 4 Replies

Add New Systems to Revit MEP

Hello,

the question I have is:

The Mep software provides different systems such as hydronics, cold water, hot water etc. that are already available. Asume that I want to model a machine (create a family) that will actually use exiting systems and new systems (for example Nitorgen or any kind of process water). The question is can I actually create new systems and define parameters for these systems and then equip the family with this new systems. This would be great in order to add production related models to the REVIT MEP model which is needed if you design manufacturing facilities with Revit and Revit MEP as we do.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wim
Contributor
in reply to: TestChris

I agree that this would be a very powerfull feature! It's probably not yet available... Let's see what the people from Autodesk have to say about this.
Message 3 of 5
w.neuok

I agree creating different systems is critical in our business as well. We are an MEP firm and work on buildings which require several different systems of piping and ductwork, which are not currently included in the Revit MEP 2009 package. Sanitary vent and natural gas are the most common systems in most of our buildings. It would be nice if we could create other piping and HVAC systems also. Edited by: W.Neuok on Nov 3, 2008 3:35 PM
Message 4 of 5
LDorrell

I've wondered this too, and can't figure out how to do it. Right now I've just been using something else like "other air" or one of the other ones I'm not using and then making filters that are called by the correct system name that I want, but reference the other system. So I call my filter "outside air", but it's referencing the "other air" system. Really annoying and not quite what I want. It seems like they should let us create systems.
Message 5 of 5
J.Spleha

I agree there is always a potential for additional systems. One that is somewhat specialized is HVAC duct work for Kitchens, which in the case for Exhaust hoods, require Fully-Welded duct work, that can not have dampers or any other type of directional vanes among other obstructions that grease could possibly stick to. Some could say this is far fetched, or possibly the knowledge requirement of the engineer knowing the codes that surround the installation.

Either way, this is another example.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report