Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Accessing File...' Message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
geisert
1138 Views, 2 Replies

'Accessing File...' Message

Hello,

My team has been receiving the 'Accessing File...' (key icon) message much more frequently than usual lately. This typically occurs as other users are synchronizing, which I understand. Are there any tips or tricks that reduce the length of time that this pops up?

This is a huge productivity killer as all the other users cannot work when just one person is synchronizing. Thoughts? Thanks.

-Tim

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: geisert

A large project with a lot of users can do that. For us, until a project starts to become sluggish due to said issue, we don't bother checking out Worksets and instead "borrow" Elements as needed. This required Revit to check the permissions for each and every element constantly as a user works, requiring access to the Central File. Checking out Worksets should significantly lower this, but not eliminate it. There are many other elements that require permission, which you can see in the Worksets dialog, the checkboxes at the bottom. Checking out Views may help as well.

Regarding synchronizing, we also come to a point when our users rely on local saves and synchronize only occasionally, at the end of the day, or if necessary. So far, we haven't run into any problems with this method.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
geisert
in reply to: CoreyDaun

CADastrophe,

I appreciate the information and will try to check out views. As for checking out a workset, I would only do that if I was certain no other users would need to edit objects on said workset.

Regarding your point of synchronizing at the end on the day, does this only work on small projects? On my current project we typically have six people in the model. We encourage everyone to synch every 60-90 minutes. Users who wait two hours are greeted with the message, "Revit cannot reconcile the differences between your local file and the central file. You can find more information about the errors in the Worksets dialog."

So synchronizing too often slows everyone down, but synchronizing not often enough results in lost work. Sixy minutes seems about right, but lately I have noticed the Worksharing Monitor's "Your last sync with central: XX min ago" has displayed the incorrect length of time. It sometimes lists half the actual elapsed time. Is anyone else having these sorts of issues? 

-Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report