Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

3-way Switches

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Tkenn1
1232 Views, 2 Replies

3-way Switches

I am using REVIT 2014 and cant seem to connect (2) 3-way switches to the same switch system. I am trying to create controls for corridor lighting but it wont let me choose both switches.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Tkenn1

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

This is typically my first example of how limited Revit is in the Electrical Discipline. It is currently not possible to connect more than one switch to the same Switch System. There is no good Work-Around save for adding a Shared Parameter to your switches and manually entering the circuit/switch leg as text.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€
āž|āž Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Tkenn1

I may not fully appreciate what you really want to accomplish but I believe you can get the essence of what you are after if you just add the switch to the circuit. The Switch ID parameter can be supplied so it can indicate which fixtures it is meant to control.

The attached image depicts the Switch System that has a single 3-way light switch literally connected via Revit's Switch System feature (the red dashed lines in the image). There is also the other 3-way light switch at the other door and it too is part of the same circuit and shares the same Switch ID value. I've used a tag to identify the Switch ID parameter for each switch.

Is this close to what you are after?

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report