Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Poles Lighting Fixture Circuiting

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mka_ee
583 Views, 1 Reply

3 Poles Lighting Fixture Circuiting

We have a problem when conntecting a long lighting circuit fed from 3 poles where each fixture is assigned to a single pole " Red: 1st Fixture ; Yellow : 2nd Fixture ; Bule : 3rd Fixture"

The Problem is " HOW IT COULD BE CONNECTED TO THE DISTRIBUTION BOARD WITH A 3 POLE CIRCUIT BREAKER ?"

Note : The soultion couldn't be a 3 pole connecter with its load is divided by the 3 poles equaly,
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TexasJetter
in reply to: mka_ee

I'm not sure I follow your question completely - I can think of two scenarios that might result from your description:

1) You are taking a 3 pole breaker and feeding single phase lighting fixtures from it. So one fixture is phase AB, second fixture is BC, third fixture is CA in a round robin fashion. We use this commonly in site lighting for 480v single phase light fixtures to minimize voltage drop. If this is the case then you could create your fixture as an unbalanced phase load. Since you are connecting to a 3 phase circuit the connector has to be 3 phase, but in an unbalanced load setting you don't have to have a load on each phase. Then you would have to manually select which phase A/B/C that fixture load applies to. When circuited up Revit will add up the unbalanced load and should display it properly in the 3 pole breaker with uneven loads.

2) You are taking a 3 pole breaker and serving each fixture with a phase-neutral, so one fixture is A-N, second is B-N, third is C-N. I can only think of this used to try to indicate a "tie" breaker so that if one trips all trips, not really a 3 phase circuit, just 3 single phase circuits that need to be controlled together. In this case just circuit it in Revit as a multi pole branch circuit, then if necessary modify the panel to have the breakers next to each other - then NEVER HIT THE REBALANCE LOADS button. You could further modify the description to indicate that the breakers are tied together.

Hope this helps . . .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report