Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

208V Neutral

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tmclachlan
402 Views, 4 Replies

208V Neutral

Is there a way to get Revit to stop putting a Neutral Wire in a 208V circuit? I can go in to the wire properties and put the amount of neutral wires to 0 but then it says "0-#8" instead of just taking it out of the tag. Also is there away to combined multiple wire sizes? It looks like Revit automatically makes a line of text for power, neutral, and ground wires and that why it says 0 in stead of nothing.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Syslogs
in reply to: tmclachlan

To fix the neutral issue you can setup Wiring Types under the electrical settings. I setup L-L and and L-N types for example. Then when you circuit a device if you go to the circuit properties you can select which wiring type you want to use. This will get rid of the neutral.

I don't know about the second part of your question yet. I have only been doing this a few days.
Message 3 of 5
tmclachlan

Thank You Tim but it doesn't seem to be working. I've gone into the properties and updated the Wiring types by unchecking the Neutral Required box. I even tied to set the neutral Multiplier to 0. Then I went in to the wire properties and changed it to one of the updated wire types but it doesn't seem to change. I even made a whole new light circuit and set up the light as needed for a 208v circuit (208v, 2Pole, 250w) and it still doesn't work. i have search google, the Augi forms, and here and i cant find any info besides other people having the problem. Kyle do you have a min to help. Any info would be useful.
Message 4 of 5
Syslogs

Is the light fixture family that you are using setup to use 2-pole connections?
Message 5 of 5
tmclachlan

As far as i know it is. I just tested the 208V Street Light Pole supplied by Autodesk/Revit with the program. My wire tag also shows it going to two circuits. Is anyone else having this problem or am i just doing something wrong?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report