Revit MEP Wishes

deanobravo
Message 1 of 4 (767 Views)

automatic transfer switch

767 Views, 3 Replies
02-16-2010 06:15 AM
Hello, I added an automatic transfer switch (ATS) on my dwg and powered from generator source. I also circuited the load but cant seem to tell it where to get normal power from.

I loaded ats from imperial library. Please help.

thanks
Distinguished Mentor
asommer
Message 2 of 4 (767 Views)

Re: automatic transfer switch

02-16-2010 08:37 AM in reply to: deanobravo
Somehow, terminations need to be built for these systems, like meters. The static pressure will not calculate in a domestic water system, and something like an "Automatic Transfer Switch" has 2 power sources. You might be able to add a connector (on the incoming side) and set up the connector similar to the existing one, so long as it doesn't affect the total building loads. I'm not too keen on this part of revit yet, let us know if you find something.

Good Luck!
deanobravo
Message 3 of 4 (767 Views)

02-16-2010 08:38 AM in reply to: deanobravo
thanks for the reponse.

How do you add a connector on the incoming side?
Distinguished Mentor
asommer
Message 4 of 4 (767 Views)

02-16-2010 02:58 PM in reply to: deanobravo
You will have to create another surface for the connector (the connectors automatically snap to the center point of the surface they are placed on). I forgot that there isn't in out-going connector on that stuff, it is set up similar to a panel. Just add a new Electrical Connector and make the settings the same as the original (the original would be the incoming power service, from the generator or other). add a connector description to help you know what you are connecting to.

Have fun!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community