Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring Between Groups

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CrazedEngineer
288 Views, 1 Reply

Wiring Between Groups

I haven't been able to find a way around this. But for lighting, I have run across a situation where I have several typical applications, so I created a "Lighting - Typical Exam Room Layout" and also one for power with the fixtures laid out so I can adjust every room if something in the typical room model changes. The problem I have now, is Revit will not allow me to circuit between groups without causing an error. It would be nice if we could fix this to allow an exception for wiring between groups.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.jw
in reply to: CrazedEngineer

I am bumping this.

I want circuits inside groups dang-it!

How big was your hospital job (all these years ago now)? I have a 6 story barracks with a bazillion dwelling units that are ALL the same. Imagine the joy and delight of grouping circuits and then connecting the main distribution panel out side of the group to the unit panels inside of the group.

This warning should cease to exist:

cant_group_circuits.JPG

FYI: Ducts DO work this way. You can connect duct and systems together between groups AFAIK. Circuits? Nope.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report