Revit MEP Wishes (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ability to import Excel Spreadsheet schedules.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1143 Views, 3 Replies

The ability to import Excel Spreadsheet schedules.

I would like to be able to import Excel Spreadsheet equipment schedules.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I can agree with that, but it's always better to answer the "why?" by expanding a little bit of the problems you're having. I think that Revit has powerful scheduling abilities, mostly since it's "live" and can interact with the model database. Are there any specific limitations to Revit's scheduling that are requiring you to use Excel spreadsheets instead?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That is a fair enough question.

First of all appearance. I can make my spreadsheet schedules look the way I want them to look. I don't like the way the Revit schedules look.

Then there is speed. I can fill out some of my spreadsheet schedules, email them to equipment suppliers for equipment selections, and oftentimes, the suppliers can fill out the remaining fields and I am done.

Not all jobs require full BIM. For these jobs, I can put more generic equipment in the model, such as fan powered boxes, and then put the specific equipment selections in my spreadsheet schedules, import the schedules, and I am done. It is really slick that every fan powered box can contain its real data in the model, but this is more time consuming and not always necessary.
Message 4 of 4
desantis15
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I agree with CADastrophe. It should be the reverse, Revit TO Excel. You can set up schedules to be coverted to Excel following a few steps (exporting to text then importing text to excel), but Panel Schedules are unable to be exported. Any panel schedule I create needs to be exported to create a template to be placed inside the panel itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report