Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard "American Wire Gauge" is not used in Russia and CIS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Levitskiy.SP
2071 Views, 1 Reply

Standard "American Wire Gauge" is not used in Russia and CIS

Hello! In the design of electrical systems in Autodesk Revit, I am constantly confronted with a very important issue. American Wire Gauge (AWG)! The fact that I live in Russia, and we did not apply the standard AWG wire. We use the metric system, not only in length, we also use a standard notation wires - Caliber wire strands designated a cross-section (square millimetres). We can not calculate a voltage drop, as the choice of resistance wire is directly dependent on the size of the caliber (AWG). Yet there is no way to manually edit the parameters of the wire. Often, this leads to errors. In Russia, some to applicable documents determining the amount of resistance depending on the size of the wire, the main document - GOST 22483-77 "Copper and aluminium conductors for cables and wires. Main parameters. Technical requirements". Just to refer to the cable, we do not use the form "1 - # 16, 1 - # 16, 1 - # 16." The form in Russia and the CIS - 3x16 (3 - the number of cores x 16 - Caliber). One of the documents for an example of GOST 10348-80 "Plastic-insulated multicore installation cables. Specifications". I hope to understand the seriousness of the problem. Does not match the Russian standards has serious difficulties in promoting Revit in our market.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Levitskiy.SP
in reply to: Levitskiy.SP

Add more files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report