cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
thombrady
947 Views, 4 Replies

Section Madness

WHY, why do section views not allow you to adjust the levels when you have a linked file. I almost exclusively work with Architectural models & when I cut a section it shows all the levels so far away. I just want to be able to move them in alittle closer.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lfazio
in reply to: thombrady

I'm interested in what you are saying.  Adjust the levels in the link?    -I wish there was a faster way to keep levels and columnlines from each and every link from showing up in views.

Message 3 of 5
thombrady
in reply to: lfazio

I am talking about when you do a section or callout view & the levels or grid lines extend very far past the view.

Message 4 of 5
lfazio

I have come across this also, and it is the way they are being created in the link.  This is what I concluded, but the arch. never did attempt to fix it.

Give this a quick look and look in the linked file to see what they did. ?? 

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/2654-Tools_an2654/2849-Datum_Ex2...

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

You can't really control the extents of Levels or Grids, and they often shoot off the View. In these situations, we Copy/Monitor the Grids and turn the Architect's off. That way we can ajust them as we need. We always C/M Levels, and the same method applies.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report