Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Type Selection

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
633 Views, 4 Replies

Revit MEP Type Selection

1- I wish I can select air terminals in the current document by using filters for air flow value, zone number, room number, system name from one dialog box

2- I wish I can select the lighting fixture in the current document by using filters for Circuit #, Voltage, panel name and system name from one dialog box
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asommer
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a schedule with these fields, you can "show" each instance by right-clicking the applicable item straight from the schedule. Filters would take a while to set up, unless you had ONE specific setting you wanted to look for, and then it might not have the categories you want.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Answer for both situations - use schedules.

Create a schedule for, say, Air Terminals, and SORT based on the required value.

From the 'Sorting/Grouping' tab, UNCHECK, 'Show all instances'

Tile your view so you can see a plan and the schedule.

Select one row in the Schedule and all the Air Terminals with those properties will be selected
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

do you think that I do not know that I can do that from schedules

I'm not asking to get a training session here

Look at the SDK code samples then you would know that Revit has the capability to publish the types parameters in a window without creating schedules
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

So...

SDK means it can be done - go write an API, using a schedule is keeping to the KISS principle

Geez - only trying to be helpful here, maybe I shouldn't bother in future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report