Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Performance

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dennis
200 Views, 0 Replies

Program Performance

I would like to request a thorough reprogramming, or whatever, to speed up the program.
1) One place that would help, when I change the VG of one view, why does Revit then update all views? This is time consuming. Can it be made that while one view is updating/regenerating, we can be working in another view, kinda like Windows.
2) Toggle to turn on/off calculations
3) Faster queuing and loading of linked files. Example working on a 64bit pc, we had an Arch link that contained 4 nested links (required for coordination of all disciplines) and it takes 15 minutes to load. Not as bad as the 32bit stations that took an hour, but still way too long. I have always believed that nothing tires a designer out more than "waiting on the computer".
4) Allow the option to implement an Oracle database (or SQL) over the current federated database. Oracle has proven they know how to build databases and perform fast queries. May be worthwhile for those companies that work on large models (large to Revit is 50k-100k sq feet) that go well over the 100K sq ft in size. I keep having the feeling that the Revit database is hardly anything more than an Access db, designed a long time ago for architecture and was not meant to accomodate structural, and definately not the extents that the MEP engineers need.
5) As models get 'heavier' performance drops. Then just panning or zooming will cause a regen that takes several minutes often times to complete. Some better handling of graphic functions would be great.
6) Autodesk should start performance testing with models that are real world and not stripped down, skinny versions like the tutorial files are. That is the only way to see what the users are having to deal with.
7) Better crash reporting. We determined that our crashing of the 64bit PC seems to be tied to manipulating the 3D section box, even tho drivers are all up to date from the manufacturer. The error msgs we had gave us no indication as to what the problem is.

More may come, but that is it for now
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report