Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One-Line Diagrams or Arc Flash Studies

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
csnenninger
927 Views, 3 Replies

One-Line Diagrams or Arc Flash Studies

I'd like to see Revit MEP be able to create a "Single Line" or "One Line Diagram" from the information provided in the model.  It would also be nice to be able to provide and Arc Flash study to our customers from the Revit MEP model.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It would seem fesible that Revit MEP could create an elementary one-line diagram (similar to below) that could include short circuit calculations.  As you add panels, another view would open up that shows all of the equipment along with their power source (from top down point of view).  Once all of the panels have been connected a user should be able to go into the one-line diagram view and move the connected equipment around to limit clutter.  Keep in mind as a user the distances, quantity of runs, conduit size, and conductors sizes should be editable in the one-line diagram view so that we could run a short circuit calculation.

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 4
tkendrick
in reply to: csnenninger

I agree. If you look at the System Browser, Revit already knows this information, so it seems feasible to be able to create a graphical representation of what it already knows.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 4 of 4

I think Autodesk needs to realize that by not being able to have a smart oneline the software is lacking a critical part of BIM.  It's great that I can select a family and see who the manufacture is and model number, but without having the information of how/why it is what it is is a GREAT unknown.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report