Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Element Host Report

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CoreyDaun
271 Views, 1 Reply

New Element Host Report

We are coordinating a lot of power and technology with some specific cabinetry (for section details, mostly) and placing the wall-hosted devices is a little annoying due to the multitude of vertical faces (from furniture and casework). When I am placing Elements on Vertical Face and hover over a suitable host, that some identification of that host can be listed in the status line.

As an example, when placing a Light Switch in a ceiling view, it first elects to choose the Ceiling's edge, rather than the wall. While hovering, the status bar could read "New Host: Compound Ceiling : 2' x 2' ACT System" or just like it normally reads when hovering over an element.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.jw
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Oh my god yes we need this. This happens all the time. Occasionally I'll even accidentally host my devices (receptacles) to other adjacent devices without knowing it!

It's actually KIND of handy. That way data/power is always coordinated because moving the receptacle moves the data junction box and vise versa. But it's not ideal.

Casework near the wall, and edges of ceilings are common things to accidentally host to instead of the wall.

Kitchens with lots of cabinetry are really a bare.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report