Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked architectual Walls and Ceilings and space area

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mmcglone
251 Views, 3 Replies

Linked architectual Walls and Ceilings and space area

It would be nice if revit recognized walls and ceilings in linked models, so you could use wall and ceiling based families instead of face based.  Also it would be nice if revit would total up the area's of spaces when multiple spaces are selected.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adam.jw
in reply to: mmcglone

Copy/Monitor the Walls and then host your wall based families on the Copy/Monitored walls. Then, if you want to do some renders, use visibility graphics and under Revit Links, set it to be "Custom" instead of "Host View" then click on custom. Now go to model categories and turn off the Architectual model's walls. Boom. Now you'll only see your walls with your devices cutting into them properly.

However, with ceilings, your out of luck. Bump this thread for copy/monitoring ceilings (because I am afraid that the limitations are such that Revit will probably never let you host/cut into linked geometry):
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP-Wishes/Add-ceilings-to-copy-monitor/td-p/2682720

The "Copy / Monitor" Walls can be too much.  I have a large project that contains probably a few THOUSAND walls, in multiple phases, demolished, existing and new, and that are being moved/deleted weekly.  It is just not an option for some projects.

Message 4 of 4
adam.jw

Yeah very true. But I'm surprised the Architect is moving around walls so frequently. They never do that /sarcasm

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report