cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
joefields
87 Views, 1 Reply

Insulation

We need better control of insulation/lining on pipes and ducts. An insulation tool and maybe even insulation settings might help. Insulation settings would be helpful to define different rules for different size pipes. For example: Rule#1 Pipes from 1/2" to 3" have 1" of insulation, Rule#2 Pipes from 4" to 12" have 1-1/2" of insulation. This is also dependant on the type of system for the pipe so you would have to add some control for that as well.

It would be very helpful though for us to be able to setup an insulation specification table for different types of systems so we could always be sure that as our design changes and grows, our pipes and ducts are defined with the proper insulation.
Joe Fields PE, LEED AP BD+C
Mechanical Engineer and C# Enthusiast
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dtiemeyer
in reply to: joefields

joefields suggests a great idea, but my guess is that programming may take a few releases. In the meantime, how about the ability Lining/Insulation thickness to duct & duct fitting simultaneously. Or, if it must remain 2 steps (one for duct, one for fittings) at least allow us to do all the fittings in one step, not individually. Thanks!

D-
My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report