Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Sprinkler Hydraulic Calcs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
454 Views, 2 Replies

Fire Sprinkler Hydraulic Calcs

Sure would be nice to have the Hydraulic Calcs inside of Revit. I know this has been discussed before, but this really needs to be looked at. NFPA 13 give you the design criteria.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cycroft
in reply to: Anonymous

Two words: “Killer App.” Right now there are about a dozen hydraulic calculation packages for AutoCAD from various developers used by industry professionals. All of them have problems ranging from product bias to inflexibility. Also, they all have one thing in common: antiquated. If Autodesk does the same thing with fire protection design that it’s done with the MEP plumbing design and P&ID, add NFPA 13 hydraulic calculations and stock listing; they’ll blow the competition out of the water.
As a user, I’d much prefer a polished and refined software from a reputable developer to what we have to work with now.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I asked the folks at Elite what they meant by supporting Revit MEP Suite. The response was that they only meant AutoCAD MEP. So in a certain sense they were not telling a lie. I do not like the idea of coordinating with the rest of the Revit world thru ACIS Solids.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report