Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-click behaviour

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
embolisim
1315 Views, 8 Replies

Double-click behaviour

Actually when I double-click a tag, I do NOT want the tag family to open for editing.

If I miss the tag and double click the component, I do NOT want the component to open for editing.

I MOST DEFINATELY do not want this to happen when my less intelligent users double click things. It's hard enough to stop them doinng stupid things in our projects as it is.

Right-click to edit the family was perfectly acceptable, why did it change?????

Note that I have my double-click speed set quite slow, it's one of the steps I take to prevent career ending injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: embolisim

I have not played around with 2013 enough yet, but I did note that new functionality. I was REALLY hoping that one would have the option to disable it.

When you double-click a Tag in 2012, it brings up the "Change Parameter Values" dialog. In 2013 does this now open the Tag Family instead? This will be a painful transition as many of the users here have developed the workflow of modifying the parameter values via double-click on the Tag.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
embolisim
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It's not just tags. If you double click any family it opens for editing.

I think I'm right in saying that most organisations try to restrict family creation and editing to users who are expert in the subject. It's a whole extra skill set on top of normal Revit modeling skills. So this can not possibly be helpful behaviour. 

If anyone knows a way to disable it, please share.

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

@embolisim wrote:

It's not just tags. If you double click any family it opens for editing.

That I know - was just inquiring as to whether or not the double-click edit parameters was eliminated in favor of this obnoxious behavior.

A while ago I was pondering the idea of having double-click bring up Type Properties. That would be less annoying because accidentally double-clicking would just bring up the dialog whereas now, accidentally double-clicking launches the Family Editor. I imagine this leading to some messy problems and confused users.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
tkendrick

I haven't upgraded to 2013 yet. This sounds really annoying. Sure I do a lot of family editting, but that is because I'm the only Revit user at my company.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 6 of 9
Sam.Nelson.PAE

+1 on this request.  This is unbelievably irritating.  Please fix it for service pack 2. 

Everybody please bump this thread (give it thumbs up or +1)

Message 7 of 9

+1 for me also..at least at a minimum that we have the option to disable......don't forget to add this to the "wish Lists" also.

M

Mike Maloney
BIM Design Automation Coordinator
CH2M Hill
Message 8 of 9
adam.jw
in reply to: MikeMaloney

Yup. There definitely needs to be an option to disable this functionality. Kudos given.

Contributor

+1 on this one. It's terrible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report