Revit MEP Wishes

Distinguished Contributor
lfazio
Message 1 of 5 (230 Views)

Disappearing revision clouds at cropped views

230 Views, 4 Replies
07-18-2012 09:40 AM

The cropping of annotations MUST be handled differently for revision clouds.  It is a complete PITA to have to watch for disappearing clouds and manipulate them so they will not disappear.

thewrz
Message 2 of 5 (200 Views)

Re: Disappearing revision clouds at cropped views

08-25-2012 03:07 PM in reply to: lfazio

Could you elaborate? Or provide a screen shot? I haven't encountered this problem.

Message 3 of 5 (187 Views)

09-04-2012 08:00 AM in reply to: thewrz

It happens most easily when you have dependent views.  As in an overall floor plan with dependent views to break out smaller areas that will fit on a sheet.  e.g. a, b & c.  When the clouding crosses over into the next area, the whole cloud disappears.  It would be a whole lot easier if it was just truncated.

thewrz
Message 4 of 5 (175 Views)

09-04-2012 08:58 AM in reply to: lfazio

Here's the annoying thing I think you're getting at.

Here's a Rev Cloud. Almost the ENTIRE Rev Cloud is within the Crop View boundry. And there's just a tiny Annotation Crop boundry.

revcloud.JPG

But when you move the crop boundry ever so slightly...

revcloudgone.JPG

That is annoying. My only advice is to play around with the Annotation Crop Boundry.

Message 5 of 5 (169 Views)

09-04-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: thewrz

Yes, I know.  I'm doing this as a wish list.

Thank you for your thorough effort.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community