Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing revision clouds at cropped views

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lfazio
1383 Views, 4 Replies

Disappearing revision clouds at cropped views

The cropping of annotations MUST be handled differently for revision clouds.  It is a complete PITA to have to watch for disappearing clouds and manipulate them so they will not disappear.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
adam.jw
in reply to: lfazio

Could you elaborate? Or provide a screen shot? I haven't encountered this problem.

in reply to: adam.jw

It happens most easily when you have dependent views.  As in an overall floor plan with dependent views to break out smaller areas that will fit on a sheet.  e.g. a, b & c.  When the clouding crosses over into the next area, the whole cloud disappears.  It would be a whole lot easier if it was just truncated.

Message 4 of 5
adam.jw
in reply to: lfazio

Here's the annoying thing I think you're getting at.

Here's a Rev Cloud. Almost the ENTIRE Rev Cloud is within the Crop View boundry. And there's just a tiny Annotation Crop boundry.

revcloud.JPG

But when you move the crop boundry ever so slightly...

revcloudgone.JPG

That is annoying. My only advice is to play around with the Annotation Crop Boundry.

in reply to: adam.jw

Yes, I know.  I'm doing this as a wish list.

Thank you for your thorough effort.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report