cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
lfazio
851 Views, 2 Replies

Design Options

I'm sorry, but the Design Options setup is atrocious.  It is unintuitive, and I can't even follow what the intructions are trying to say in it's convoluted explanation.

Why can't objects simply have a "parameter" of which they are to be on.  That option then can be selected as on or off in visibilty graphics.  End of story!

Jeez

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lfazio

Atrocious, indeed. Especially when Spaces cannot belong to a Design Option. And that Systems cannot "cross" Design Options, meaning that if branch circuiting is different between two Design Options (but still fed from the host panel either way), the entire Systems must be recreated in BOTH options.

Anyway, you *can* create a Project Parameter to act as a "Design Option" and apply it to all model elements. Then create a View Filter to show the plans properly, and Filters to show Schedule appropriately. However, there are going to be downsides to this, one such being with clash detection. Design Options also keep the elements on separate Options from interfering and interacting with each other, whereas the parameter method, not so much.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
lfazio
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Good idea with the parameter to control visiblity.

I did not know that about spaces and was curious how it worked with systems.  That just gives me another reason not to bother using systems.  Too much effort involved, high chance it can be unreliable, can be impossible without using undesired duct ductwork/fittings.  Sad but true.

Thanks CADastrope

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report