Did you mean: 

Converting to Riser Diagrams

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mue00
1168 Views, 3 Replies

Converting to Riser Diagrams

Hi;

I just want to know if there is a way (i.e.. An Autodesk software) to convert a mechanical layout (water pipes layout for example), in Revit format, into a 2D riser diagram (just similar to the one we used to draw using ACAD). This would be very helpful and less time consuming if the 3D layout can be directly converted to a 2D riser diagram. The draftsman is sometimes facing problems when drawing the riser diagram from the Revit model.

So please advice.

Regards;

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RKLindner
in reply to: mue00

Personally, since I have already "created" a 3D view of the piping systems when creating the floor plans, I use the 3D view to create my risers and turn off the unnecessary items such as walls, doors, floors, etc and just leave the items needed such as waste and vent or domestic water on via filters or worksets.  Then I annotate the 3D view for pipe sizes.  Much easier than redrafting everything to get the 2D flat plate type that I assume you're asking about.

Message 3 of 4
lfazio
in reply to: mue00

Export a 3D view to CAD.

You can now annotate to a 3D view and lock the viewpoint too, but this means the level of modeling must be carried out enough to make a useful stack diagram.  Other problems include only rectangular areas and pipes overlaying other pipes.

Message 4 of 4

Electrical has a similar issue with Revit creating a one-line digram from the model we spend hours in.  If Autodesk figures it out I hope they implement this for you and I soon!!!! You and I have been asking for this functionality for years and so far nada....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report