Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemblies for MEP

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tjbeecher
487 Views, 7 Replies

Assemblies for MEP

Assemblie to work for MEP would be great!  This would be nice for VAV piping, sprinklers, etc.  Just be nice to have for the line of work we do on this end.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ntrancer
in reply to: tjbeecher

This would be so helpful. E.g. with a fan coil unit (or VAV), i would like to create an assembly with pipes, so that it is easy to connect into.  Instead I land up trying all sorts of workarounds to save time

Message 3 of 8
RandMan
in reply to: ntrancer

This is a Must-Have priority.  I know of a work-around to fit my needs, but it's time consuming.  We need features that can help us increase production. 

Message 4 of 8
revitapp
in reply to: tjbeecher

I didn't understand. Could you explain a little more? If some pics to illuminate, it would be great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revit Applications provider[revitapp.com].
Message 5 of 8
RandMan
in reply to: revitapp

Sorry, I was confused on the terms.  We can do what we need to do in Revit MEP, with "Groups".  We do a lot of repetitive work, so we need tools to increase production. 

Message 6 of 8
revitapp
in reply to: RandMan

I agree that "Groups" could solve many repetitive problems in Revit architecture. However in MEP, things would be much more complex I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 8
RandMan
in reply to: revitapp

It is.  We went full bore into groups, then I quickly realized the impact on the database.  I foresee a whole lota MEP groups grinding this big model to a halt.  Does anyone at Autodesk realize how much un-billable time is spent, trying to use their neat little modeling tool for mass-production?  Subscription gets their fee every month, whether we make a profit or not. 

Message 8 of 8
revitapp
in reply to: RandMan

Our 3rd parties try to fill the gap:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report