Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow a parameter to be based on the EXTENSION LINE length in a View Title

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
doni49
997 Views, 1 Reply

Allow a parameter to be based on the EXTENSION LINE length in a View Title

I'd like to be able to create a view title family that allows me to draw lines whose length will be based on the length of the extension line that Revit automatically creates.

Following is a picture of what we want our view titles to look like (this was done in Acad).  We routinely drag the extension line to make it longer/shorter.  We want the two horizontal lines to be this length.

Thanks.

ViewTitle.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: doni49

I agree. Some of our architectural clients typically place the North Arrow at the end of the line on the right side. So it would be nice to be able to constrain lines and other elements to a Reference Plane tied to this parameter.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report