Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Piping Systems & Connectors

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
asommer
632 Views, 9 Replies

Add Piping Systems & Connectors

We need more piping systems, such as- "Tempered Water" (works like Hot or Cold, using "Other" doesn't work) systems and connectors, and Hot Water Return (loops back into Hot Water) systems and Connectors. Maybe even Soft Water, but I think I can work around that.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
asommer
in reply to: asommer

Also, a Water Meter is needed to terminate Piping Systems.
Message 3 of 10
asommer

I tried a Recirculation system, The Recirculation pipe goes from the "Hot water system" to the "Cold water system", just before the Water heater. This doesn't agree at all with the Revit MEP systems. Even if I loop the return within the hot system, the flows go away completely. This would need to be worked out in order to connect everything up properly.
Message 4 of 10
asommer

Also-

Gas (natural gas, Propane) connectors, CFH unit

Compressed Air (Oxygen, Nitrogen, Medical Gasses) PSI unit
Message 5 of 10
asommer

Refrigerant Types (Liquid and Suction-Gas), PSI unit?
Temperature Losses and Vertical lengths critical!
Message 6 of 10
davidvs

Steam would be nice too, and a parmeter data type for steam flow (e.g. mass / time) would be really useful, too.

And...on the duct system type list, how about one for Ventilation Air (aka "Outside Air") ?
Message 7 of 10
asommer

I know if you go to the MEP Settings, you can create a new "Fluid Type" and give the Temperature, Viscosity and Density, but the flow characteristics and the fluid behaviors are different with steam and refrigerant.

We definitely need Steam and Outside air Connectors, Systems, and Flow parameters. Autodesk, keep in mind there are multiple different steam systems, too, varying in pressure!
Message 8 of 10
asommer

We also need a proper "Welded" Connection for piping, something like a Tap that doesn't break the main.
Message 9 of 10
BrianAd

Medical Air system
Medical Vacuum system
Medical Nitrous Oxide system
Medical Nitrogen system
Medical Oxygen system
Medical WAGD system
Carbon Dioxide system
Sanitary Vent system
Hot Water Return system
DI Water system
Storm Drain system
Natural Gas system

plus an absolute shit ton of more parts included for Plumbing/Medical
Message 10 of 10
asommer

This guy knows how we do. I hear 2011 is coming soon, no comments specifically on content due to beta program confidentiality agreements, but the word is good. we'll see. we all have high hopes, Autodesk!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report