Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A way To Organize Gemotry and Parameters In Families

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
RudyBeuc
245 Views, 0 Replies

A way To Organize Gemotry and Parameters In Families

Revet Architecture appears not to have a wish group so I'm posting here.

Was trying to create a set of mulled windows for a residential project.

After getting fustrated with trying to find a way to create a group consisting of geometry with parameters  into a single unit that could be used repeatedly, I've come to the conclustion that there needs to be a way of creating and organizing something like sub families within a family. I know I can nest generic families within a window family, but then I'll have the subcatigories of what I want to be with window catagories floating around somewhere else withn a project.

Such a concept would also have another benefit of making new families easier and faster to create from older ones.

I also wish there was the ability to create drafting view within families. I use these views in projects to sketch and note ideas and reasons for what I'm doning. Such as working out the relationships between elemants one has measured up on an existing structure.

Having a sketchbook/notebook area within families can only but help remind the author of his intent after a period of time, or communicate said intent to those who have to work with the family after him. Kind of like the journal entry functions in any accounting software.

I'm tired, fustrated, and it's after beer:30, so I apaoligize  ahead of time for screwed up gammer and such.

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report