Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 phase transformer only creates 1 circuit to a 3 phase panel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BirdmanJamie
2627 Views, 3 Replies

3 phase transformer only creates 1 circuit to a 3 phase panel

I am frustrated. I have a 12480V, 3 phase Medium Voltage Switchgear called MV3. And then I have a 3 phase 12480-600Y/347V Transformer (TX-PB) that I want to power up from (circuit to) switchgear MV3. When I do this, it provides me with only 1 circuit instead of three, for example MV3-1 instead of MV3-1,3, 5.

How do I solve this issue and have 3 circuits powering my 3 phase transformer?

I have already done my voltage definitions and Distribution System settings.

In my emergency section, I have a 3 phase 600/347V generator G1 powering a 3 phase 600/347V panel E1. When I circuit E1 to G1 it provides me with 3 circuits: 1, 3, 5. And when I power a 600-208Y/120V transformer TX-2E1 to E1, I get 3 circuits: 1, 3, 5.

So why is my normal power TX-PA not powering up with 3 circuits to MV3? The properties on TX-PA states that is has 3 poles, 3 phases and 4W.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: BirdmanJamie

The Electrical Connector must not be configured properly. Open the Family for editing (right-click on it and select that option) and then select the Primary Connector, which is the large green circle with a cross. Under Properties, the Number of Poles parameter should be linked to the Family Parameter that controls this, which should be of the same name. If this value is linked to a Parameter, then the little gray button to the right of it should display an equal sign. If not, click that button and select the Parameter from the following list. Load the Family back into the Project, overwriting the previous definition.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
BirdmanJamie
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey,

I have looked at both the transformer and the switchgear and they are both stating 3 and they both have the "=" sign on the right in the properties. See the attached images.

Any other ideas?

Jamie

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: BirdmanJamie

Could you post the Family files for those pieces of electrical equipment here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report