Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
thamizhz
Message 1 of 12 (610 Views)
Accepted Solution

while try to typing identity data type comments revit not accept

610 Views, 11 Replies
11-18-2013 05:23 AM

I’m downloading some free families from some other website. I’m trying to remove identity data details. But revit show some error.

For. Ex. invalid formula.

In identity data. here attached image file for reference 

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 12 (603 Views)

Re: while try to typing identity data type comments revit not accept

11-18-2013 05:35 AM in reply to: thamizhz

Please attached the Family file (.rfa) so it can be investigated. Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Active Contributor
thamizhz
Message 3 of 12 (552 Views)

11-18-2013 11:16 PM in reply to: CADastrophe
Revit 2013
Active Contributor
thamizhz
Message 4 of 12 (551 Views)

11-18-2013 11:17 PM in reply to: thamizhz
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 5 of 12 (531 Views)

11-19-2013 03:53 AM in reply to: thamizhz

You will need to download the associated Lookup Table associated with this Family, which should be available from the same location in which you acquired the Family. This is the cause of the error, and the name of said .csv file is "Victaulic-AGS-45 Equal & Reducing Lateral Tee No W30 & W30R.csv".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Active Contributor
thamizhz
Message 6 of 12 (523 Views)

11-19-2013 04:33 AM in reply to: thamizhz

.CSV Files Used Only For Dimension. Not in Identidity data, material.. etc.  revit show "invalid formlua" . then while i'm type in type comments, url, etc.. Read download .csv file for reference 

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 7 of 12 (513 Views)

11-19-2013 05:52 AM in reply to: thamizhz

Right, but the formulas that are referencing the Lookup Table are producing the error you are seeing. If you were to remove those formulas, you won't get that error.

In addition to the .csv file that was already mentioned, there are also formulas and nested Families which require a .csv file as well: "Victaulic-Grooved Coupling OGS-AGS.csv".

Place both of these .csv files in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME 2013\Lookup Tables\Pipe" and the Family should be corrected. Also, be warned that there have been many threads reporting problems with Vitaulic's Families.

Active Contributor
thamizhz
Message 8 of 12 (490 Views)

11-19-2013 08:08 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Ok.. But Now I need a solution For that family. how to rewrite type comments, etc, with out .csv file.. have any solutions for this.???

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 9 of 12 (480 Views)

11-19-2013 11:28 PM in reply to: thamizhz

The error just has to be resolved, first. As I said, you can place the .csv files into the folder following the path in my previous post (I'll attach the other .csv files here) or you can delete all of the formulas that contain "text_file_lookup(" prior to changing any info.

Active Contributor
thamizhz
Message 10 of 12 (423 Views)

11-24-2013 10:13 PM in reply to: CADastrophe
Yes I Fixed The problem. I'm Paste .csv in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME 2013\Lookup Tables\Pipe" then ill open tat family file.. then im trying to delete. its work with out any error

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube