Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while try to typing identity data type comments revit not accept

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
thamizhz
1513 Views, 11 Replies

while try to typing identity data type comments revit not accept

I’m downloading some free families from some other website. I’m trying to remove identity data details. But revit show some error.

For. Ex. invalid formula.

In identity data. here attached image file for reference 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: thamizhz

Please attached the Family file (.rfa) so it can be investigated. Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
thamizhz
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Revit 2013
Message 4 of 12
thamizhz

here attached One the family

Message 5 of 12
CoreyDaun

You will need to download the associated Lookup Table associated with this Family, which should be available from the same location in which you acquired the Family. This is the cause of the error, and the name of said .csv file is "Victaulic-AGS-45 Equal & Reducing Lateral Tee No W30 & W30R.csv".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 12
thamizhz

.CSV Files Used Only For Dimension. Not in Identidity data, material.. etc.  revit show "invalid formlua" . then while i'm type in type comments, url, etc.. Read download .csv file for reference 

Message 7 of 12
CoreyDaun

Right, but the formulas that are referencing the Lookup Table are producing the error you are seeing. If you were to remove those formulas, you won't get that error.

In addition to the .csv file that was already mentioned, there are also formulas and nested Families which require a .csv file as well: "Victaulic-Grooved Coupling OGS-AGS.csv".

Place both of these .csv files in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME 2013\Lookup Tables\Pipe" and the Family should be corrected. Also, be warned that there have been many threads reporting problems with Vitaulic's Families.

Message 8 of 12
thamizhz

Ok.. But Now I need a solution For that family. how to rewrite type comments, etc, with out .csv file.. have any solutions for this.???

Message 9 of 12
CoreyDaun

The error just has to be resolved, first. As I said, you can place the .csv files into the folder following the path in my previous post (I'll attach the other .csv files here) or you can delete all of the formulas that contain "text_file_lookup(" prior to changing any info.

Message 10 of 12
thamizhz

Yes I Fixed The problem. I'm Paste .csv in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME 2013\Lookup Tables\Pipe" then ill open tat family file.. then im trying to delete. its work with out any error
Message 11 of 12
thamizhz

But Small Doubt.. Lookup table folder not in architecture 2013. ill try to open and delete same method using in architecture 2013. its not working any other solutions for architecture
Message 12 of 12
CoreyDaun

Then removing all of the formulas that contain "text_file_lookup(" is your only other option. Why are you using this Family in Revit Architecture? It doesn't really support MEP design very well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report