Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what should ı do

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sultanmimar
252 Views, 2 Replies

what should ı do

What Do you think what should I do?

I have a building component course.I must achieve this course to be promoted. I have very limited time.I belive ı will achieve with your ideas.

I am second year architecture student in Turkey , Ankara. I have had a problem  in building component course since this semester started.The semester is about finish.My grades are very low untill now.I have only less time.

I want to mention how this course  is given.At begining of the semester a two - storey building plan was given to us.Each week we are taught a new type of building structure such as timber structure or steel structure.And we draw the project according to these structure types. we only draw with hand . we don’t use any cad programs such as autocad 3dmax etc.

My Grades are very low untill now.My time is very limited.I want to draw the next ones very well in order to achieve the lesson.And our previous drawings are brought in the class every week so perhaps ı may correct the previous drawings.

I must achieve this course.Because I have a special cause that make this very important.Please when you answer my question don’t forget this.and try to think like me.

The QUESTION : IF YOU ARE ME WHAT DO YOU DO?

NOTE:I already have an idea about the issue I want to share also it .Maybe with your idea this idea will improve to one more strong..I believe that with drawing programs such as autocad all my tasks can be drawn very easily whereas by hand drawing take very long time. However ı don’t have enough information about autocad and also ı don’t have enough information about building components and how they are used to make project..The idea is to take course in autocad or maybe another  program more appropriate than autocad for my issue in order to learn how building compenent is drawn in autocad and how they are joined together.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChuckEdwards
in reply to: sultanmimar

In the case of my own studies (In Architecture), our construction courses had us prepare both hand drawings and build models of our own and other students work. It wasn't the drawing itself, or the making of the model which was important, it was the demonstrated learning from that, which would be evident in the quality of what we produced.

From what you are saying it seems the problem is either the learning isn't happening, or it isn't being sufficiently demonstrated. As a result it seems to me you are tackling the wrong problem. Autocad is only a drafting tool if you don't understand the technical aspects of building, then Autocad will be just a different way to not get it right.

I would focus on what your course is trying to teach, if necessary speak to your teachers about the problems you are having, and see if there is a solution. It does sound though like you will have to retake your course if you are near the end, and your grades are too low.

Sorry if I cannot be any more help, but I have seen other students in your position, and it is correcting the core problem which you need to address, software isn't the answer and in my experience never will be.

PS:

I must also say in the case of my course, it was long enough ago now that use of software was actively discouraged, we were expected to draw by hand or produce models; I ignored this for some time and suffered for it. In retrospect my lecturers were completely right, I should not have gone the software route.

Message 3 of 3
damo3
in reply to: sultanmimar

As a teacher this is not a new thing. Towards end of a course i often get students who have so far performed poorly coming to me asking how they can pass. Unfortunately the answer is never want they want to hear but rather a wake up call.
Firstly speak to your teachers if they are good teachers they will try and help directing you. As the above post suggested software is only a small portion, if you haven't understood documentstion and construction detailing, no software will help you.
I am presuming from what you have said The problem is your failing because you didnt dedicate enough time to the course and listen to your teachers. Problem is now to catch up you need even more time which you say you don't have so expecting a sudden light bulb moment where you understand everything and can draft quickly is not realistic. Do your best to finish from now but be prepared to do re-work. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report