Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walls with different colors?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
amontri
7455 Views, 5 Replies

walls with different colors?

Can anyone please tell me how to have different colors for different wall faces?  Like all have a plaster finish on the external side, but the colors are different, but when I try to change the color of the external finish, it changes it for all the walls.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
awes
in reply to: amontri

You can duplicate your existing wall type and give for that particural wall a different face color

or

then paint your wall face; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZnaAB_nUeM

Message 3 of 6
MKEllis
in reply to: awes

Painting works well - as you can select individual faces rather than get mired in trying to manage so many wall types for individual colours (not to mention the combinations of colours on each side of the wall).

Good Luck,

Martin

Message 4 of 6
MKEllis
in reply to: amontri

The other issue you may be encountering is that of duplicating a material (say plaster) and then changing its colour under appearance to make the wall a different colour.

The problem is that whilst you can duplicate a material - by default the new material will use the same 'appearance' as the old material. Changing the properties of your new material appearance will also change the original material. Think of the appearance setting as a 'type' - when you change it in one material, all materials using the same appearance will also change.

To solve that you have to duplicate the appearance under the material (see attached screen-grab)

Good luck,

Martin

Message 5 of 6
amontri
in reply to: MKEllis

Thanks so much for the input.  Yes, I'm running into exactly that issue.  I tried creating a new paint color and also in the appearance asset, but when I went to paint another wall with this new color, it took the same color as the first one I created, why?

Message 6 of 6
amontri
in reply to: MKEllis

Oh!  I forgot to also change the color in the Graphics Tab, I was just focusing on the Appearance tab!! It works now!! Thank you!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report