Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volume creating error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ppesce
260 Views, 4 Replies

volume creating error

I created a  volumetric mass and then i tried to put a roof on a upper surface curvilinear very complex, it got error on application roof and i'm not able to resolve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ppesce

Image, please?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
ppesce
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

i send the image, if possible to try a solution i'd mail the file revit by e-mail because the file is too large

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ppesce

It is difficult to understand the form by just one image, but it does not seem "very complex" as you said. Sometimes, "Roof by face" does not work on these forms, though. But you have the other alternative: "Wall by face" (a thin wall) which usually works well with these forms.

See attached illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
ppesce
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

thank you!!

I resolve it in one part of the roof, in the other part I have cutted the mass and goes ok, but I think Autodesk will try to improve in the next Revit versions

hallo from Italy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report