Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual depth in elevations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
165 Views, 2 Replies

visual depth in elevations

Is there a quick way or automatic way in revit to create visual depth in building elevations? I have used the linework tool to manually change the line thicknesses, but I find it tedious at best.
Also, is there a way to remove the surface hatching from the more distant surfaces, to simplify them as the depth increases?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no automatic tool for this. The workaround I use is to utilize the graphic overides found under VV. I set all the lineweights their for the majority of the elevation, then use the linework tool and filled regions for the stuff way back or closest. You can create new filled regions using model patterns to match you hatchs, then create these overtop of your model, that way you can have a light grey roof hatch for what is beyond. Or no hatch. Whatever you want.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What exactly is he looking for? I cant seem to understand yet. Wouldn't the Sillouette Edges under shadows be helpful for elevations?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report