Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unit types

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rubikscube
138 Views, 1 Reply

unit types

Hello,

Ive just got the new demo version of revit 6.1, and am learning it.

I am trying to model a condoplex with multiple room types...A,B,C,D.

If for example, my rooms were just different sized boxes with internal walls, fixtures, doors etc...,can I create blocks of units to stack.

when I stack unit groupings Ive created, the shared party walls conflict

how do I go about connecting unit types, that I have created, in such a way, that they can be edited, to ensure all instances are updated as well?
(if say I need to change the internal unit wall layout for example)

thanks for any help
callum
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: rubikscube

some options here, it depends on your exact goals which to use.. just read up, experiment and decide; - make the whole layout, drawing just walls in Revit is done is a second. Then copy your types by simple copy/paste or group them [though I'm not sure how stable grouping is now, I abandoned it since it was not so perfect in earlier versions, might work fine now] - make your rooms in multiple files, make a new drawing, link the rooms into it and stack. - I think you might be interested in knowing about worksets, depending on your wishes... I'd say, do some searches on AUGI / Revit, ask some more specific questions and you're on your way. "rubikscube" schreef in bericht news:20735527.1090431803879.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > Hello, > > Ive just got the new demo version of revit 6.1, and am learning it. > > I am trying to model a condoplex with multiple room types...A,B,C,D. > > If for example, my rooms were just different sized boxes with internal walls, fixtures, doors etc...,can I create blocks of units to stack. > > when I stack unit groupings Ive created, the shared party walls conflict > > how do I go about connecting unit types, that I have created, in such a way, that they can be edited, to ensure all instances are updated as well? > (if say I need to change the internal unit wall layout for example) > > thanks for any help > callum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report