Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unintended constraint

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CADsince2000
159 Views, 2 Replies

unintended constraint

Hello,

I have not been using Revit very long, but I seem to be experiencing a pattern. It seems that occasionally an unintended constraint causes difficulty editing. I have been able to work through most of them. Right now I can’t work through one. I am trying to move a wall and foundation a couple inches. It is affecting a seemingly unrelated roof join on the other side of the building. I don’t recall causing this constraint.

I know this question cannot be answered specifically but was wondering if there is a method to chasing down these unintended constraints.

Thanks,

Sam
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CADsince2000

Use the Move tool, and check the Unjoin box in the Options Bar. This will
dis-associate the wall form any locks.

wrote in message news:4906889@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello,

I have not been using Revit very long, but I seem to be experiencing a
pattern. It seems that occasionally an unintended constraint causes
difficulty editing. I have been able to work through most of them. Right
now I can't work through one. I am trying to move a wall and foundation a
couple inches. It is affecting a seemingly unrelated roof join on the other
side of the building. I don't recall causing this constraint.

I know this question cannot be answered specifically but was wondering if
there is a method to chasing down these unintended constraints.

Thanks,

Sam
Message 3 of 3
CADsince2000
in reply to: CADsince2000

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Did you mean the “detach box”? Turns out a vaulted ceiling on the other side of the room was the culprit. In my limited experience there appears to be no relationship whatsoever.

I do backups throughout the day so I went to my previous backup and found no problem. Then, I thought about what I did to the model since I last backed up. I thought, vaulted ceilings. So I went back to my current version and deleted vaulted ceilings one by one until I found the culprit. Closed without saving and reopened, deleted the culprit, made the change, mirror copied the adjacent vault, and was back on the road.

Thanks,

Sam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report