Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transparent filled region not showing up transparent???

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dimtick
12564 Views, 7 Replies

transparent filled region not showing up transparent???

I have a solid gray filled region that is set to be transparent that is not being transparent. We are trying to put a gray tone over the existing area of the plan. what is weird is that I did the exact same thing to another view & it works perfectly with the region in the background & all the wals & doors showing up correctly. I can't figure out what is different between one view & another.
I've tried changing the filled region to be "moved to back" but nothing changes. if I override the graphics of the element & change it to be transparent the it goes away all together.

any suggestions

hopefully my explanation makes sense

Chuck
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dimtick

I've seen this happen in one of our other offices. Does the "gray" color in
your filled region happen to be the same "gray" color as your existing plan?
If so you will not be able to see the difference. Either change the color
of the gray in the filled region or change the color of your existing
objects. To test draw a new object "full value" on the filled region and it
should show.
Message 3 of 8
dimtick
in reply to: dimtick

thanks for your reply Dustin.

unfortunately that's not it. It is not the same color gray. I don't know why but the filled region is opaque & is on top of everything else. I've set it to be transparent & changed it to be background but it doesn't change. I've done the same thing to another view & it works perfectly there. For the life of me I can't figure out what's different between the 2 views. there must be a visibility graphics setting somewhere but I can't figure out what. It's very frustrating.

Chuck
Message 4 of 8

I had this problem today. Simply change the view to "Hidden Line" in lieu of "Wire Frame".
Jay Porterfield, AIA
Solka Nava Torno Architects
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Jay that worked for me!

Message 6 of 8

you're the best Jay!

Message 7 of 8

Hi All, same issue here... But what if you do not want to change the view to wireframe? I have the same issue but if I change View to wireframe it will mess with other stuff! 

Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Revit 2018, set background to Transparent

Revit 2019 and higher, turn masking off

- Michel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report