Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

site plan in revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dhi_murdhi
1086 Views, 2 Replies

site plan in revit

hello,i'm new comer in revit, so i'm not enough knowledge about this software

i have an assignment in power plants and now, there are 2d file that should be created the 3d modelling.
First i create the contour using Toposurface, yes, now i have had the 3d of the site. Next i want to create the component around the site like the river, sidewalk and so on. How can i create it?

Next, there are a penstock, i don't know the categorize of this component, maybe it likes a pipe with big diameter, so how can i create the custom pipe (penstock) in revit? i have tried to create the pipe by using create New Family, but i don't know the template that should be chosen so, I created it in 'Metric Generic Model line based'. Then, i loaded it in the project but it doesn't work correctly, i cannot determine the start point and the end point likes the existing pipe. Next, i try to create by duplicating the existing pipe. In my properties, it is only one type of pipe (default) so i duplicated it and tried to edit the properties depends on my requirements. But when i try to create it in the plan view, the pipe does not look changing, the diameter looks the same with the default one although i have selected the bigger ones. So, are there any suggestions to create the properties?

Then, i need to create a channel, before doing that i should be dig the soil until the specific elevation. For information, my site in the mountain and use the large area. So how can i make the channel?

Smiley HappyThanks, for the response..................

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AJA14
in reply to: dhi_murdhi

Hi,

1- For rivers, sidewalks, ... use the subregion command. This will cut part of the topography and allow you to use different materials for it.
2- For pipes, you need to choose the pipe size from the options bar and if you don't find the size you need, go to manage>Mechanical Settings> and for pipes add the size in the (Used in size lists). I would personally do it as an in-place sweep. Go to component > Model in place > Sweep > Draw the path and the draw the profile.
3- For the channel, You can do the same thing as above but to cut, you need to use the pad tool under massing and site and select the proper elevation.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 3
dhi_murdhi
in reply to: AJA14

thanks for replying,,

1. I have tried it

2. for pipe, i need pipe with diameter 900 mm, but in the mechanical setting the maximum size is 600mm and i tried to create new size then choose it but the pipe size  does not look changing, in properties looks the correct value, but when i see the 3d and plan view, the size is not change (not trace the 2d from autocad).---> see the attachment (pic.1)

3. I have tried also. But i want to create channel like 2d in pic.3, is it impossible to be done in revit? and how can i to do that.

oh ya, i need to topography, penstock, channel, and later i will create the power house of the project. from that condition, how can i manage the file?maybe, i can do that in one file or in different file?any suggestion?

I also attach the layout of my site in AUTOCAD in 3d view (pic.4). from the picture, there are long distance between the contour and the site components like river and sidewalk, is it influence the importing process from autocad-revit and also influence the elevation of the site?

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report