Revit Architecture

lee
lee
Message 1 of 3 (862 Views)

running Revit architecture on a mac

862 Views, 2 Replies
01-17-2013 05:22 PM

As I am about to upgrade my student version of Revit 2012 to 2013 I would like some advice on the best configration/requirement to run Revit efficiently. Previously I have run Revit on an Imac using Parrallels but I experienced memory issues when rendering. I am switching across to my Mac tower computer OSX with the following:   (Dual-Core Intel Xeon, Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz, Number Of Processors: 2, Total Number Of Cores: 4, L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB, Memory: 5 GB, Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz, Boot ROM Version: MP11.005D.B00), I just dont want any problems with my other graphic design work on my computer - my income stream. Is the above configuration of my Mac tower ok for maximum Revit result or should I look at a new PC just for Revit? Please note I am not a tech head and will have to get a technician to transfer Parrallels and Revit  to my tower if it is ok. I just dont want to spend dollars unnecassarily as I am a architectural student.

Lee

lee
lee
Message 2 of 3 (803 Views)

Re: running Revit architecture on a mac

01-22-2013 02:00 PM in reply to: lee

Can anyone hlp with my initial question please?

gra
gra
Message 3 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: running Revit architecture on a mac

09-30-2013 03:37 AM in reply to: lee

Hi Lee

Did you ever get a solution to the below problem w Revit on a mac? I have the exact same problem you had, even down to the studying archetecture and punching out graphics for cash! quite funny ..

Best regards,

gra

gra@sutchandsutch.com.au

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube