Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roof beams showing in floor plan?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
a06vsh
1103 Views, 3 Replies

roof beams showing in floor plan?

Is there a way to get roof beams/windows/etc to show as dash-dot in floor plan without having to make changes in every family or for every new object?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Do you want to see an overhead object on a lower plan? ...if so  :

• Open your floor plan
  • From Properties>Graphics >Underlay ...chose a floor plan in wich the desired entity is full viewed
  • the underlay will apppear in grey
  • from Modify > View >Linework ...select a type of line that suited you and make click on the objects you want to apppear
  • Remove the Underlay image (from Properties)
  • the overriden line will remain....pay attention not to erase it...when you change the entity the overiden line will change in your plan too
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Well, that is one way of doing it of course. But lets say I have 200 beams and 50 windows, and add/remove objects along the way.... I think there should be a way to say "I want this type to show as dash-dot when above cut plane but not on the floor plan above". Seems like a pretty common thing, to want to show in a plan. The way you under VV can chose to show "above risers" for stairs.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: a06vsh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report