Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roof beams showing in floor plan?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1104 Views, 3 Replies

roof beams showing in floor plan?

Is there a way to get roof beams/windows/etc to show as dash-dot in floor plan without having to make changes in every family or for every new object?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you want to see an overhead object on a lower plan? ...if so  :

• Open your floor plan
  • From Properties>Graphics >Underlay ...chose a floor plan in wich the desired entity is full viewed
  • the underlay will apppear in grey
  • from Modify > View >Linework ...select a type of line that suited you and make click on the objects you want to apppear
  • Remove the Underlay image (from Properties)
  • the overriden line will remain....pay attention not to erase it...when you change the entity the overiden line will change in your plan too

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Well, that is one way of doing it of course. But lets say I have 200 beams and 50 windows, and add/remove objects along the way.... I think there should be a way to say "I want this type to show as dash-dot when above cut plane but not on the floor plan above". Seems like a pretty common thing, to want to show in a plan. The way you under VV can chose to show "above risers" for stairs.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report