Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit roof

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
702 Views, 3 Replies

revit roof

Hi I am new to revit and was wondering if you could help me. I attached a photo of the project i am working on. Im trying to figure out how to create the roof on the left hand side of the taller area. It should be a arched roof just like the others except it is also rounded. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

can you post a Plan View of your building and a rough hand sketch to show how you intend to make your roof ?

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Here are plans of the building if you look on the roof plan you see how its rounded and in the elevation haw its at the same time arched. thnx

Message 4 of 4
constantin.stroescu

For the corner arch I suggest using Roof by Face on an Massing Element , an In Place Mass. The In Place Mass will be an intersection of an extruded Arc Shape with a Trucate Cone Void

1. First draw in Plan View some Reference Planes to guide the two Volumes. Make an AXIS Reference Plane and two other Reference Planes A and B on which to place the two shapes that will define the truncate conic void ( a Blend shape) . Draw here the  extrude arc shape that will define the first volume- Image 01 - and Create Form >Solid Form - make the extruded arc
  2. In Elevation Vie draw now on Reference Planes A and B the two shapes that will define the truncated cone Void- Create Form >Void Form- - Image 02 , Image 03 , Image 04 and Image 05
  3. From these two volumes put together results Image 06

4. Back in Project : Roof by Face > select as base the upper face of the resulted volume - Image 07..

As for the roof itself you have to use a flat roof with Modify Subelements...

Image 08.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report