Revit Architecture

DavidKeller2529
Message 11 of 15 (785 Views)

Re: revit architecture 2013 filled region transparency

07-18-2012 07:28 AM in reply to: chrisdawsonarchitect

This solution in Autodesk-Revit-Structure forum works for me. I want to link here for those who are not following both forum threads about what seems to be the same issue.

All of my problems seem to be resolved by switching from discipline: structural to discipline: coordination.

dtpeter2901
Message 12 of 15 (761 Views)

07-24-2012 12:01 PM in reply to: chrisdawsonarchitect

Any idea when this update will be out?  We have a project that we've upgraded and need to address this issue.

As for a workaround if no-one has thought about it.

Make your filled region a sometihng other than solid.  Then override graphics in view and set to solid.

It sucks, but that's all you can do for now I guess.

Product Support
Lance.Coffey
Message 13 of 15 (751 Views)

07-24-2012 01:02 PM in reply to: dtpeter2901

Update Release 1 is now available. To access the update, go to the following link, select your product, click Data & Downloads, and then click Updates:
http://usa.autodesk.com/support/ 

Lance Coffey
klubeley
Message 14 of 15 (713 Views)

09-05-2012 08:43 AM in reply to: Lance.Coffey

I'm still having this issue after installing Update 1. The masking/filled regions seem to be showing appropriately in my model, but as soon as I link them into another model, they become transparent. This is an issue because we have all disciplines in-house. Our MEP team shows the lighting fixtures in their model and the architecture team links it in. The architects need the fixtures to mask out any ceiling patterns they're using. This worked great in 2012, but it's not happening in 2013. I really don't want to have to rebuild all of my lighting fixtures. Any suggestions?

Distinguished Contributor
thewrz
Message 15 of 15 (607 Views)

12-04-2012 06:06 PM in reply to: klubeley

As of Update Release 2 this is still broken. Switching hardware acceleration on/off didn't help. Uninstalling, and reinstalling Revit 2013 didn't help.

Please watch my video demonstrating the differences between Revit 2012 and 2013 (in case anyone is wondering what we're going on about):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMwVJ9Irn0c

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube