Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit and network installation wizard

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
248 Views, 6 Replies

revit and network installation wizard

hi,

The network installation wizard (v 16.1.63.0) don't recognize the autodesk revit 6.1.msi package !!! I try to deploy with GPO but I have an error... Can I use the NIW with revit 6.1 ?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No, network deployment packages can only be created for 7.0. You will see the option to create them in the installation dialogs. "vanzetti44" wrote in message news:24337357.1101216483753.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > hi, > > The network installation wizard (v 16.1.63.0) don't recognize the autodesk revit 6.1.msi package !!! I try to deploy with GPO but I have an error... Can I use the NIW with revit 6.1 ?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

hi,

Thanks. So how can deploy revit 6.1 ? with a script ? with a GPO ?

bye
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

David Conant say :
" No, network deployment packages can only be created for 7.0. You will see
the option to create them in the installation dialogs."

I have received revit7 but the network installation wizard (v 16.1.63.0) say me that is not a valid msi package ? I think I can deploy IT via a GPO but what the NIW don't want ot create an admin image ?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

You are talking about different things. Revit 7.0 installer internally has an option to create network deployment. Look for an appropriate checkmark inside of Revit 7.0 installer. Revit does not use the same network installation wizard as Autocad based products. "vanzetti44" wrote in message news:9881176.1111574871286.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > David Conant say : > " No, network deployment packages can only be created for 7.0. You will > see > the option to create them in the installation dialogs." > > I have received revit7 but the network installation wizard (v 16.1.63.0) > say me that is not a valid msi package ? I think I can deploy IT via a GPO > but what the NIW don't want ot create an admin image ?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for this reply.

OK, I have found. Same as office, its revitinstaller /a !!! for an administrative installation.... pfff... I m so stupid... very thanks
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

You're not stupid, you're just used to having to do everything Backwards because of AutoCAD. 😉

IIRC, that's why AutoCAD is different, because it couldn't use the normal Network Installer like MS Office does for some reason, so you have to do it differently. Revit's more 'standard' in many respects (Printers, Fonts, etc) when it comes to how it works with the rest of your system...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report