Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit 2014 crash after installing (secsplashwnd)

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
6371 Views, 20 Replies

revit 2014 crash after installing (secsplashwnd)

hello , 

i have been using revit 2013 for about year now , but when about week ago i tried to install the revit2014 but the worst thing comes after i installed it 😞 ... it keeps shut down when i open it , also this crash only comes after the first start screen before opening project or anything else .... also i have notice that in the buttom they says : secsplashwnd and when i searched this in the web i couldn't find anything to fix .. and most of the fixes says download .net , and stuffs like that but the problem is that the revit installtion has installed .NET4.5 and i couldn't go back to older one ...

and this a pictures of what i can see before it crash : 

http://oi41.tinypic.com/x0qyie.jpg

also just to know i have format this laptop for 2 times and it keep giving me the same result but the weird thing is : i have installed this revit 2014 with the same file to another PCs and all worked except in my laptop .. and i tought its from my laptop and when i checked my requirement i found that its normal and equal some of the PCs that i installed it ... and this is a picture of my laptop specs. 

http://oi39.tinypic.com/k5261z.jpg

also, i tried to repair and nothing happened , even i tried to reinstall and the same ... also tried the revit 2013 and it comes like the 2014 with the same problem , and just to remind you , this all were before and after the formating ... 

so where is the problem and how can i solve ?? 

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

bump

Message 3 of 21
Tony_Michniewicz

In most cases, Revit hanging at the splash screen is related to a problem with communication center.  Here is a link to a technical solution that covers how to resolve this problem:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS15859629

Please note that the available vbs script is specific to Revit 2011 so you will need to follow the steps manually.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 4 of 21
curcis

Hi, i have resolve the same problem soon with my autodesk subscription.

You have to uninstall revit 2014 and réinstall it without you Norton or Kaspersky "antivirus" and your windows protection.

and then, if that don't work try to test that page:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

Or contact Autodesk.

Regard

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

thanks for your help , this fixed my problem 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

I have installed Revit Architecture 2014 with 30 trail license for a course witch I am following. I have tried various ways to install Revit 2014 with and without my Panda Global Internet Security 2013 and tried the solutions provided here on this forum with no success.

A screencapture of the makeup on my computer you can view on JPG-file at the bottom of this message.

Windows7 Pro is completely updated to the latest spec.

.NET FrameWorks 4.0 is the current and most actual version according to Microsoft Downloadcenter.

With no success I have tried the solution provided with the hyperlink:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

In this case the computer gives a "Fatal Error" my computer Freezes.

Explanation of Case:

- After flawlessly downloading and installing Revit Architecture 2014 I first restarted my computer;

- On double clicking the Revit Icon a brief indication of startup is given at my mouse indicator. Then nothing happens. No Startupscreen no nothing;

- In case when I Triple or Quadruple click on the Revit Icon the Startupscreen appears. After a few seconds the Error Report dialoguebox of Autodesk also appears. (I have filed a report with no reaction from Autodesk till this day);

- When I close the Error Report dialoguebox the Startupscreen stays active and will only be closed via Windows Taskmanager.

- In the Taskmanager I can see that the program SECSplashWnd is still active.

Regarding other given solution on this forum I can inform you that running the following commandline (wmic bios get serialnumber) with cmd.exe does also on my computer not return a serial number. 

Can you please provide me ASAP with a working solution. I need to practice for my course and want to professionalise my Revit skills ASAP?

Configuratie Computer.jpg

Message 7 of 21
curcis

Hi, did you try whitout activating all the security of windows, it's important too.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous

Hi,

As far as I know is Windows Security deactivated when Panda Gloal Protectio was active. Just before running Setup of Revit i deactivated Windows Security. I didn't manually activate Windows Security myself.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: curcis

After your remark.

- I have de-installed all components of Revit Architecture, Materials Lib and all other Autodesk components that have remained on the harddrive;

- With CCleaner I purged the register and cleaned the computer of software residue;

- Again I downloaded and installed (with no Windows Firewall and no Panda Global Internetsecurity activated);

- Then I carefully executed all instructions as given in the existing "solution";

- Finally I tried to start Revit with the same result - Revit 2014, SECSplashWnd Lockup as I earlier described in my report.

I am 100% sure I have tried everything with no success.

I have even tried to start Revit with only 16Gb internal memory installed in case Revit can't cope with 32Gb being installed.

I really hope someone can provide me with a solution. I am at the end of my own knowledge base to solve this issue.

Message 10 of 21
curcis

Hi, the last way is calling Autodesk or your provider to get a solution.

I'm under (french) subscription and somebody of autodesk have take my computer for 2 hours before finding the solution.

Sorry for my poor english.

Best regards

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

Latest update:

- I have upgraded .NET Frameworks 4.0 to 4.5 with no affect;

- In my quest for insight in the issue I noticed that when I continuously click on the Revit Icon multiple copies of Revit will be activated. This is not extraordinary but at the 3th en later startup copies Revit will fully load and then shutdown;

- If I let this process take place they all automatically shut down;

- the last to copies will leave a SECSplashWnd program and Error Report dialog from Autodesk active;

- When I open Taskmanager I noticed in the second Tab (Process) that multiple copies the program LMU.exe are still active and they will not close by them selves.

When I was searching on the internet with the search word "LMU.exe" I stumbled on other discussions relating to startup problems with Autodesk 3D Studio 2014 etc. In that discussion they were also talking about problems with Licensing, SECSplashWnd etc.

May be this new development will give someone a more detailed insight to resolve the issue.

Message 12 of 21
rosskirby

What type of license do you have: standalone or networked?  Educational or commercial?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

License is a free trail for 30 days and installation is standalone. As I want to practice my skills after following a Revit Architecture Course at this time educational purpose.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous

Progress !!! Finally I have Revit 2014 running but the solution is far from ideal.

The problem is caused by a 'conflict' from Revit 2014 (LMU.exe and SECSplashWnd) with the Panda Global Internet Security 2013 (Shieldservice in Taskmanager > Services > Services-button >> Panda TPSrv - service).

If I deactivate Panda TPSrv service in Tskmgr.exe then Revit 2014 will start s it is supposed to.

I have authorized Revit 2014 and all other components of Autodesk full access in my Firewall settings in Panda GIS 2013 and still Revit 2014 won't start. Curious fact is that I installed the 30day Trailversion of Autodesk Design Suite 2013 in witch Revit is comprised. The other Autodesk products don't have this issue as far as I can tell.

Could it be that a part of the problem is that Revit is a program where multiple modellers can work on the same project at the same time via Internet.

I would really like some insight and a solution of an expert from Autodesk or any other expert 'Autodesk Product'-user.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

Autodesk Design Suite 2013 must be Autodesk Design Suite 2014.
Message 16 of 21
curcis

Hi, happy to know that.

So it was the same issue than me, you must desactivate all protections on your computer.

enjoy working on Revit

best regards

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

Deactivating the Firewall and Anti Virus of Panda Global Security 2013 or any other AV-protection software is not an acceptable solution for me.

The bug or cooperation issue between Autodesk and Panda needs to be taken seriously to be able to resolve this. As I scour the internet I came to the conclusion that it is a problem that once in a while surfaces in various Autodesk Products over various versions dating back to 2011 and possibly even 2009.

What if a certain percentage of all Panda or other AV-protection users experience this issue. That are a lot of possible unsatisfied customers in my opinion. In the future I hope to be able to buy my own license. It is unacceptable for me that I can't use Revit freely via internet when I need to work with external project partners.

Even during my study of Revit Architecture I don't want my personal data to be stolen, attacked by hackers or my computer infected by some kind of virus. People with bad intentions are no fools and will take advantage of this issue to commit ID-fraud or do something else with your computer. You are taking a big risk if you disable your firewall and anti-virus, do this at your own peril!

I hope this problem will be taken care of. The company where I followed the course for Revit Architecture is also a Licensed reseller of Autodesk. They are informed and they assured me that they are in contact with Autodesk about this problem. In any case the issue as posted here is an opportunity for Autodesk to pickup on.

For now I hope the final Quickfix or Solution will be posted here.

Message 18 of 21
curcis

Hi again, i'm not sure y understand well, (i'm French).

After installing, you have to active again your AV software to protect your computer!

It's only for the install of course!

Does it's ok for you?

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

I did install without AV-software and Windows Firewall etc. But in my situation Revit still freezes on SECSplashWnd after the first successful startup. In fact Revit was running successful when I one by one reactivated the Panda GIS services. Only when I restarted TPSrv-service Revit instantly stalled and the Error-Report dialogbox appeared.

Only when I permanently shut down TPSrv-service of Panda Global Internet Security 2013 Revit will startup. I haven't had the time to go deeper into the issue so I don't know if Revit will start when I disconnect the computer from the internet and Panda TPSrv-service deactivated at the same time

By the way your English is good enough to have a good and meaningful conversation about this "Revit/Panda"-issue.

Message 20 of 21
Anonymous

Latest update:

I have contacted the support of Panda Security and explained the situation by mail.

Today I received a swiftly reply with a working solution for the issue that happened in my case as described in the postings.

The Technical Support of Panda Security provided me with a Hotfix that can be downloaded to provide the following solution:

Panda Global Protection 2013 update includes the following improvements:
- Disables behavioral heuristic analysis to avoid incompatibilities with third-party applications

People who encounter the same problem can download the attachment by following the hyperlink as posted below:

www.pandasecurity.com/resources/sop/pgp2013/hfgp61206s8_r1.exe

Instructions: Install Hotfix, fully restart and enjoy the magnificent program of Autodesk Revit.

Greetings Eduard | NL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report