Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit 2013 not responding when saving

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
a06vsh
794 Views, 6 Replies

revit 2013 not responding when saving

Ok, so i've googled the problem but without any success:

When working with certain files, not all but always the same ones, Revit stops responding when I try to save the file.

If i save it to a local harddrive it always works fine, but that cant be how it's supposed to be, not being able to save files on a server?! I've tried linking the file to a new one and then binding it, but still with the same issues. It's not a matter of large files vs small files working or not working. And it does the same thing with the same files no matter what computer i use at the office.

I've run out of ideas, need help!

Victoria

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
a06vsh
in reply to: a06vsh

Anyone with the same problem? Or a solution?

Message 3 of 7
juwelunlimited

my siggestion is uninstall this and reinstall it properly

Revit LT Revit LT Suite
Message 4 of 7
a06vsh
in reply to: juwelunlimited

Already tried unfortunately.... And it's also the same on all computers, and always with the same files. But enough files for it to not just be a one time bad luck.

Message 5 of 7
a06vsh

Kicking this back up to the top since it's still a major issue at the office.

Does anyone else have the same problem? And even better; does anyone have a solution?

Message 6 of 7
ryley.nixon

Is there anyone expperiancing (Not Responding) when tryingn to open revit files from the desktop or USB?! I have tried uninstalling the rogram and re-installing the program  multiple times!!!! but I keep expperiancing the same problem every time. I am able to open my file on the school comuters with ease but have nothing more then problems when trying to open my file at home. 😞

I need help, and fast! My major assignment is due soon and i have no access to school computers due to the  mid year holidays.

Message 7 of 7
rosskirby
in reply to: ryley.nixon

I wouldn't recommend trying to open a file directly from a USB.  You can run out of storage space pretty quickly (especially if you're using a non-workshared model that saves more than one backup), because you're essentially saving multiple copies of the file every time.

Also, the write speed to a USB is slower than to a hard drive, which might be part of why you're getting a not-responding.  If I were you, I'd save the file to my local machine before working on it.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report