Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revisions, duplicate view with details

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cjgielens
2034 Views, 2 Replies

revisions, duplicate view with details

When I duplicate a view with details, and the original view has already issued revisions, the duplicated view gets these revisions too. But the view is not place on a sheet.

Still after copying I cannot delete the revisions or the view anymore, Revit says:

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 4-4-2013 122401.jpg

So what to do? Duplicate view without detailing and copy past detailing (without revisions) or is there something i am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cjgielens

Once an Issuance/Revision has been marked as 'Issued', the Revision Clouds belonging to that particular issuance become protected (similar to 'read-only'), and therefore cannot be deleted or modified, whether they reside on a Sheet or on a View. Normally, one cannot even create Revision Cloud for issuances that have been issued. 'Duplicate View with Detailing', however does also duplicate the Revision Clouds of such and issuances.

If you wish to remove these Revision Cloud from a View, you can clear the 'Issued' option of that issuance, delete the revision cloud, and then reset the 'Issued' status. You can access Sheet Issues/Revisions under Manage tab ▼ Additional Settings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
math29i1
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Im trying to find a way to be able to copy a floor plan in 3D and edit in that in the new view without it effecting the original view. Is that possible?

Please contact me on e-mail math29i@easv365.dk when you have an anwser, thank you for your time 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report