Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retaining wall

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2935 Views, 5 Replies

retaining wall

I have existing topography and I am trying to create a retaining wall. I need some information on how to give the retaining wall the same slope as the topography. Please respond if you know how to make retaining wall slope.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

My methods for  doing sloped retaining walls:

1. Massing and Site > In Place Mass.       I begin to work in a new Mass.  I trace a chain of lines (or cuves) at the botom level of the future wall and an offset of this chain at the top level of the future wall. I select the two curves and the comand Create Form>Solid Form and then check Finish Mass. I obtain a sloped suface on wich I apply then  Build >Wall >Wall by Face> select Retaining Wall from the list ( for schedule purposes)
  2. Build >Component > Model in Place > Family Category and Parameters> Walls ... and use Blend ( with a base and top shape) or Sweep with a path and shape profil.

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
rosskirby

Take a look at class AB3741 from Autodesk University 2012.  There's a complete walkthrough on exactly how to do this.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

by the slope i mean the top of the wall is angled with the topography so that the top of the wall stays at the edge of the ground

Message 5 of 6
constantin.stroescu

Try this:

• first you can apply from Modify Site > Graded Region in order to work the terrain so to fit your purposes ( you can apply here Subregion or Split Surface and change the material to concrete so as to obtain a sort of image of a retaning wall)
  • but in order to obtain a  real wall , in Site View draw a series of parallel  References Planes  and give them names ( a,b,c,d.........). For every Plane  make a Section ( very close to it).
  • Select one by one the Section Views (a, b, c,d...)  and from Architecture > Work Plane > Set > Work Plane..select Name: Reference Plane a (b, c, d....)  
  • from Massing and Site > In Place Mass ...  call it as you want ,,,,In each section I draw a closed shape - a section of the retaining wall
  •  0pen now a 3d View ...select all the closed shapes ...Modify Form> Form> Create Form
  • From Model > Edit in Place ,select (using TAB) the whole object and from Properties assign a material (concrete for instance)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
constantin.stroescu

use a Building Pad to remove the soil ocuppied by the concrete block

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report