Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rendering

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
abdulex
264 Views, 3 Replies

rendering

hey guys how u need help reducing the size of my revit file inorder to import it in to 3ds max ,the rvt file is about 90mb help appreciated thnx in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
angela.carney
in reply to: abdulex

Do you need the entire model? Interior/Exterior? Lighting, Cameras and Materials? Limit the amount of objects you are going to bring into 3ds Max. One way to reduce the size would be to bring it in as sections. For example using a section box.

Message 3 of 4
abdulex

Tnx for the reply, I am gonna need the whole model cuz am gonna be using vray for lighting and rendering as well as texturing so is there any way to reduce the whole 90 mb to like 10 or so mb.
Message 4 of 4
rosskirby

@abdulex wrote:
Tnx for the reply, I am gonna need the whole model cuz am gonna be using vray for lighting and rendering as well as texturing so is there any way to reduce the whole 90 mb to like 10 or so mb.

No.  A 90 MB file is should be perfectly fine for rendering.  What are the specs of your machine?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report