Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rendering an interior with sunlights

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
STEF
125 Views, 1 Reply

rendering an interior with sunlights

hello!
i was very exited about the possibilities of this archicad clone.
indeed, i drew my own project and now, i have to make the uncountable of it...
well... as i seen it, the rendering of an interior looks to be impossible without artificial lights!
i don't know but the sunlight is very important in the rooms design, and this problem make me doubting of the quality of this software!
but maybe i did not understand the tricks to make it work...
i am waiting for your answers!
thx!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: STEF

First of all, Revit is no clone! An in my opinion far exceeds the capabilites of ArchiCAD. :-) Secondly, for your daylighting problem: On the Rendering Tab of the Design bar (on the left of the screen) there is a Daylight button. Select this button, and then select windows or other 'transparent' objects which transmit outside light. This will make the windows emit the 'sunlight' form outside of the model to the inside. Making your ceilings and wall materials "glow" (a setting in the materials options) will help those interior renderings, because the lighting will be reflected from them. "STEF" wrote in message news:11406770.1094903067566.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > hello! > i was very exited about the possibilities of this archicad clone. > indeed, i drew my own project and now, i have to make the uncountable of it... > well... as i seen it, the rendering of an interior looks to be impossible without artificial lights! > i don't know but the sunlight is very important in the rooms design, and this problem make me doubting of the quality of this software! > but maybe i did not understand the tricks to make it work... > i am waiting for your answers! > thx!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report